Sunday, November 8, 2009

The Forum on Religion and Ecology at Yale

Hey guys! I know we said no more new posts, but I wanted to share some information that is relevant to my project. Dr. Hartley shared this website with me that covers how many religious groups are getting involved in climate change initiatives. It contains statements from many groups, including the religions of Buddhism, Christianity, Cunfucianism, Judaism, Hinduism, and more.

"The world’s religious traditions must play major roles in enabling societies and individuals to take effective and ethical actions to address the causes and impacts of climate change...The analysis indicates significant religiously-based involvement and influence on ethical aspects of climate change and points to great potential for the role of religion in future solutions."

-"Roles of religion and ethics in addressing in climate change" Paula J. Posas

http://fore.research.yale.edu/climate-change/statements-from-world-religions/

1 comment:

  1. I think that religion is a very important player in the global change scenario. It has the power to reach just about anyone and can have the greatest impact on a person's decision to take charge and make a change for the better. Regardless of what you believe, most religious movements today are in agreement that we need to protect and sustain our resources. I watched a video last semester about this new movement and it really made me think about, coming from a Christian perspective, what I should be doing to protect the resources that God gave to all of us.

    ReplyDelete